The Old Phoenix
The Old Phoenix rooms and restaurant is situated in one of the most beautiful and unspoilt regions of southwest Crete, in the bay of Finix, about 15 minutes walk from the picturesque village of Loutro.
We are a small family business which has grown slowly over the past three decades and built a solid core of regular customers who visit us year after year for their holiday on Crete.
If you want to retreat away from crowds, mass tourism, noise and
wish to be in close contact with unspoilt nature this place is
for you. Come once and you too are likely to visit us again and
What is so special about us?
Location of the Old Phoenix
- The Old Phoenix can only be reached on foot or by boat. There
is no sound of traffic and everything moves at a slow and laid-back
- The guests come here looking for peace so they are unlikely
to be noisy themselves.
- All our rooms have large balconies overlooking the Libyan
- Our food is simple, traditional Cretan fare, cooked daily from
fresh local ingredients by the family.
- Despite the quietness there is a whole range of things to
do including lazing on the beach, snorkeling in some of the clearest
waters in the Mediterranean, easy walks to serious hiking, canoeing
and excursions by boat to the neighbouring villages.